Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!

Go down 
+14
PatchworkPirate
Night Star
Rave Darkness
Dingo
StarlightIronhoof
masterofthematrix91
The_ATram
Ironhoof
bonnyvoyage
SouthernBelle
ckatmyla
AJ
Spiral
Foochy Hooves
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Foochy Hooves

Foochy Hooves

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! Empty
PostSubject: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 am

I'd love to see all the pony cosplay going around! Personally, I absolutely love the fact that this is one of the few fandoms that are really open to interpritation to cosplay, and I love love seeing the unique cosplay everywhere I go!

So, do you cosplay? Let's see! (if you have surprises for SAAC, don't mention them here)
Back to top Go down
Spiral

Spiral

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Y'know, I might actually try to cosplay for this con. Never done it before, but I have most of what I need to dress up as Mr. Breezy... except for the red hair.
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:01 pm

I've been cosplaying for over 15 years! I've done everything from caped superheroes to full armor Transformers costumes. I do have a few surprises coming for the con, but as far as something I've already been doing for cons, I do a humanized version of Applejack, and plan to complete a Galloping Gala outfit as well. I'd so love to present a cosplay panel for the con! I've hosted 2 so far and been a part of/presenter in 2 others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/decepticonmom
ckatmyla

ckatmyla

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:00 am

The only pony I've done cosplay for is Twilight. I've dressed up as her twice already, and I might do it again for thissun'. I was also thinking about shaking things up a bit and alternating between Derpy/Ditzy Doo and Daring Do. Those might be a bit trickier to put together, but it could be fun. ^^ Probably wouldn't cost all that much, the biggest purchase on my Twilight outfit was the wig.
Back to top Go down
SouthernBelle

SouthernBelle

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:14 am

The only one I've ever cosplayed is Chibitalia from Hetalia at MTAC...and even at that, I dunno if I can cosplay as anyone from the series for that matter.

See, when it comes to cosplaying...I have a bit of a low self esteem issue. Whenever I cosplay, I always have that little voice in the back of my head going "Fattie fat fatterson!" and so on. Half of the time, if I'm not Chibitalia, I'm a catgirl. Plus, I dunno what characters could be a brunette. You make AB cry!

Back to top Go down
bonnyvoyage

bonnyvoyage

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 pm

I've never cosplayed! But I've always been amazed and a fan of others who could do it.
I reaaally want to give it a go for this! I've been thinking about a Twilight Sparkle cosplay for a while. I'm totally just throwing around random ideas in my head right now, but I'm definitely excited!

Right now, my current fave idea is doing a business suit/corporate TS. I don't know why! I just like the idea of a more mature, defined cosplay instead of the youthful and fun ones.

ETA: Thoughts on customized glasses vs. colored contacts? I wear glasses, but I am not opposed to contacts.
Back to top Go down
Ironhoof

Ironhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:26 am

AJ wrote:
I've been cosplaying for over 15 years! I've done everything from caped superheroes to full armor Transformers costumes. I do have a few surprises coming for the con, but as far as something I've already been doing for cons, I do a humanized version of Applejack, and plan to complete a Galloping Gala outfit as well. I'd so love to present a cosplay panel for the con! I've hosted 2 so far and been a part of/presenter in 2 others.

That sound great!

I've never cosplayed, but am willing to give it a go if your group will have me. What does one need to do cosplay? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://klyde-ironhoof.deviantart.com/
Foochy Hooves

Foochy Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Ironhoof wrote:
AJ wrote:

That sound great!

I've never cosplayed, but am willing to give it a go if your group will have me. What does one need to do cosplay? Thanks.

Really, it depends on what you're doing for cosplay. If you're doing cosplaying from a show/movie, the best idea is to match what (the person/creature you're cosplaying as) they're wearing. You can make that as easy or as complicated as you want too. Honestly, I say start easy (Doctor Who is usually a good idea to start because you can find the majority there at JC Penney) and move to the complex as you get better with sewing and eyesight of key things.

---sidenote: When looking at cosplay, it's best to get a 1080p/i version. That way you can see ALL the detail and that makes your cosplay look better at a con---

HOWEVER, with ponies it's a little different. Really, taking it in a "humanized" version and letting your imagination roam is the key to awesome cosplay here. I cosplay a male Twilightlicious, which Tara Strong loved. My Vice President does a tropical Berry Punch ala Miami Vice style. Not to mention members here do a normal cosplay, based on what they would think that character would wear if he/she were human.

I really think the best thing is to find a pony you want to cosplay, and put YOUR influence in it. One of my friends from the Nashville Bronies did a gothic style Chrysalis at MTAC and she got a lot of love for it. I'd post a pic, but I'm not sure if she'd like that or not....

So, I hope that helps with some ideas for cosplay! If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask!
Back to top Go down
The_ATram

The_ATram

PostSubject: HERE'S THE PIC!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Foochy Hooves wrote:
Ironhoof wrote:
AJ wrote:

That sound great!

Really, it depends on what you're doing for cosplay. If you're doing cosplaying from a show/movie, the best idea is to match what (the person/creature you're cosplaying as) they're wearing. You can make that as easy or as complicated as you want too. Honestly, I say start easy (Doctor Who is usually a good idea to start because you can find the majority there at JC Penney) and move to the complex as you get better with sewing and eyesight of key things.

---sidenote: When looking at cosplay, it's best to get a 1080p/i version. That way you can see ALL the detail and that makes your cosplay look better at a con---

HOWEVER, with ponies it's a little different. Really, taking it in a "humanized" version and letting your imagination roam is the key to awesome cosplay here. I cosplay a male Twilightlicious, which Tara Strong loved. My Vice President does a tropical Berry Punch ala Miami Vice style. Not to mention members here do a normal cosplay, based on what they would think that character would wear if he/she were human.

I really think the best thing is to find a pony you want to cosplay, and put YOUR influence in it. One of my friends from the Nashville Bronies did a gothic style Chrysalis at MTAC and she got a lot of love for it. I'd post a pic, but I'm not sure if she'd like that or not....

So, I hope that helps with some ideas for cosplay! If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Here's the friend he was talking about! She's also my friend! YAY! But yeah, She made EVERYTHING herself! She sews and is AMAZINGLY talented! I also LOVE seeing the different renditions people have, as long as they do all they can to make it look nice! Love it! XD

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! 57582110

Also, Here's one of my takes on Rarity! It also has my friend in it! XD

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! 55998410

I can put more up if asked! : 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flutarity
The_ATram

The_ATram

PostSubject: AAAAAAAAAND One more! XD   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Here's one more! I wanted to brighten this pic up before I posted it! XD Bout ta make it my FB pic! : P

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! 72950_10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flutarity
masterofthematrix91

masterofthematrix91

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 pm

^that pic of queen chrysalis, is my friends girlfriend. this is a small world, also thats a fantastic pic of her. i thought her cosplay at MTAC was unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
masterofthematrix91

masterofthematrix91

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:47 am

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! P3290010

oh and here's the pic i shot of her. Photo Finish
Back to top Go down
Ironhoof

Ironhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

Foochy Hooves wrote:

So, I hope that helps with some ideas for cosplay! If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask![/quote]

Thank you for the info!

But, are OC's welcome to Cosplay? If so, I've got everything you mentioned, since my OC is based off of me, with a few modifications, and liberties as to background.

If you would like to see pictures... I have a gallery at Deviant Art, at this url... http://klyde-ironhoof.deviantart.com/ You can also read his profile on the main page too.
Back to top Go down
StarlightIronhoof
Pegasi Commander
StarlightIronhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 am

Ironhoof wrote:
Foochy Hooves wrote:

Thank you for the info!

But, are OC's welcome to Cosplay? If so, I've got everything you mentioned, since my OC is based off of me, with a few modifications, and liberties as to background.

If you would like to see pictures... I have a gallery at Deviant Art, at this url... http://klyde-ironhoof.deviantart.com/ You can also read his profile on the main page too.
The convention has no policies on what you cosplay. You're welcome to cosplay anything you want, regardless of if it's a show character, your OC, or something not even pony related! The biggest issue comes to props. We haven't posted our policies yet on allowable props, but it's usually a good rule of thumb that nothing fireable (even if only nerf darts), no live steel and no real weapons of any kind are allowed.
Back to top Go down
Ironhoof

Ironhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:47 am

StarlightIronhoof wrote:
The convention has no policies on what you cosplay. You're welcome to cosplay anything you want, regardless of if it's a show character, your OC, or something not even pony related! The biggest issue comes to props. We haven't posted our policies yet on allowable props, but it's usually a good rule of thumb that nothing fireable (even if only nerf darts), no live steel and no real weapons of any kind are allowed.

Oh yeah... that is common knowledge for conventions in general. But posting said rules is needed, because there is always someone new who has never been to a con before, let alone posting it is a 100% CYA. (Cover Your A$$)

PS... Great name ... Cuz! ;-)
Back to top Go down
StarlightIronhoof
Pegasi Commander
StarlightIronhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Ironhoof wrote:
StarlightIronhoof wrote:

Oh yeah... that is common knowledge for conventions in general. But posting said rules is needed, because there is always someone new who has never been to a con before, let alone posting it is a 100% CYA. (Cover Your A$$)

PS... Great name ... Cuz! ;-)
Oh yeah, those policies will be posted in advance of the event. The biggest road block has been some server admin issues we've had in the past months, but those issues have been resolved now and we're almost caught up on what got behind due to that.

And yes, great name you have, too. Rarity Wink
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Earth Pony Chancellor
Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 am

StarlightIronhoof wrote:
The convention has no policies on what you cosplay. You're welcome to cosplay anything you want, regardless of if it's a show character, your OC, or something not even pony related!

Well, that's not ENTIRELY true. It can't be R-rated, i.e. no nudity, drugs. Remember: we are a family friendly convetion!

Beyond that though, go wild. Derpy Gonna Derp
Back to top Go down
StarlightIronhoof
Pegasi Commander
StarlightIronhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 am

Dingo wrote:
StarlightIronhoof wrote:
The convention has no policies on what you cosplay. You're welcome to cosplay anything you want, regardless of if it's a show character, your OC, or something not even pony related!

Well, that's not ENTIRELY true. It can't be R-rated, i.e. no nudity, drugs. Remember: we are a family friendly convetion!

Oh, yeah....sometimes I forget about that since we're already in a child-friendly atmosphere, but definitely very important to still bring up.
Back to top Go down
Ironhoof

Ironhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:33 pm

StarlightIronhoof wrote:
Dingo wrote:
StarlightIronhoof wrote:

Oh, yeah....sometimes I forget about that since we're already in a child-friendly atmosphere, but definitely very important to still bring up.

Awwww... And I was hoping to go and cosplay as a part of "Cheech & Chong Visit the Nudist Colony"! Bummer man. [J/K] Muahahaha! Derpy Gonna Derp
Back to top Go down
Rave Darkness

Rave Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 am

i have been cosplaying since 09. i even have a facebook cosplay page at Kuroi Chidoroboo cosplay. this year i made a Wonderbolt Soarin outfit that went over very well at Momocon 2013. besides the picture of me about to head through a window. Cosplay is fun. so i say go for it. i have 7 active cosplays and 3 in the works. its fun i tell you
Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! Momoco11
Back to top Go down
Night Star

Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:13 am

I'm planning on cosplaying as much as my budget allows this year. Granted it's not much but over time I plan to make Night Star even better than she was at MTAC XD

Anyone got any tips for making an alicorn on a budget for a rookie?
Back to top Go down
PatchworkPirate

PatchworkPirate

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:08 pm

Working on a couple versions of Princess Cadence for SAAC and of course I'll be bringing my Applejack (aka BEST PONY)
Back to top Go down
Ironhoof

Ironhoof

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:33 pm

PatchworkPirate wrote:
Working on a couple versions of Princess Cadence for SAAC and of course I'll be bringing my Applejack (aka BEST PONY)

Alright! AJ Rocks! AJ is not amused
Back to top Go down
Discord

Discord

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Here is my cosplay list as of now:

MTAC 2006: Umbrella Scientist from Resident Evil

MTAC 2007: Kisuke Urahara from Bleach

MTAC 2011:
Friday: Academy Student Uniform (male) from Bible Black
Saturday: Raccoon City Police Officer from Resident Evil

GMX 2012:
Friday: Finn the Human from Adventure Time
Saturday: Zombie Mall Security Guard

Con Noga 2012:
Friday: Zombie in a Salt and Pepper Suit
Saturday: Zombie Mall Security Guard

MTAC 2012:
Friday: Kisuke Urahara from Bleach
Saturday: Finn the Human from Adventure Time
Sunday: Academy Student Uniform (male) from Bible Black

GMX 2012: Finn the Human from Adventure Time

MTAC 2013:
Friday: Discord from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Saturday: Soos from Gravity Falls
Sunday: Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2

Sweet Apple Acres Con 2013: Discord / Trixie
I have around 5 different versions of him for this con. 1st is the one i did for MTAC 2013. I call this one Butler Discord from S03EP10: Keep Clam and Flutter On. The second and third one is an original idea of mine. The forth is still in the works but will most likely be just normal Discord. And the fifth one is a secret one for GMX 2013. If i get funds for the fifth one before SAAC then it will be coming too. I am also working on 3 different Trixie cosplays for my 4 year old daughter who will be attending the con with my as well. the first and second will be normal / alicorn amulet Trixie. The third is an original idea of mine that will go along side of one of my Discord cosplays. There might be a forth is i decide to do so.

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! 7571_112
Back to top Go down
Night Star

Night Star

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:53 pm

YOU Were Discord? OMG I enjoyed meeting you at MTAC! Can't wait to cause all sorts of Lovely chaos at SAAC Pinkie Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!   Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got! Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you cosplay? Let's see what you got!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next